We continued to work hard in reading, writing and math this week but something I wanted to share with you is how we spend our Friday's in room 107.
Every Friday is game day! The kids look forward to it and love being able to play with their friends. Little do they know, we are working on so many skills during this time. The students get to practice following directions, listening, team building, problem solving, turn taking and independence, as well as the actual skill of the game.
The students are only allowed to choose subject related games during each class. I have my choice cabinet separated by colors and they know what color belongs to what subject. Here is a link to a post I wrote about our choice cabinet organization.
So you might be asking yourself, "What does Mrs. Boysal do during this time?". During math I pull the kids one on one to do quick checks or assessments. During the reading block we do independent reading for the first part (we are up to being able to read for 10 minutes) and I listen in and conference while the kids are reading. Here are some pictures of our friends reading!
For writing we don't actually play games, we get to work on our writing center activities. The kids really like this because they are allowed to choose which activities they want to work on. I sit at the table with them and help them with the tasks.
We also had an evacuation drill on Friday. The kids had to go all the way to the football field. I had to leave early so I wasn't there but the para professionals let me know the kids did a great job! Here is a picture of what I was doing during the drill! I coach cheerleading at the HS and we were performing at the Homecoming Pep Rally!
I am looking forward to another great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment